Frannie's Blog

My photo
Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada
I look for beauty and truth in everything. It's not always there of course but I try to find it or make it happen. I love people who make me laugh.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Having Kittens

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything so I apologize and offer the excuse that I've been away, which is true; I was in Ottawa last week for a reunion with two of my childhood friends. We had a wonderful time but I didn't get many good pics because of battery problems so I'm waiting for my friends to send theirs. If they turned out and with permission I'll post on that later. ( I know that many people post blogs for later publishing but I'm not that savvy.)

Anyway, when I got back I found that my dear husband George had been doing a little research on line and found us some Calico kittens. At first we'd decided not to get anything of the feline sort for a few months...but then we discussed it and realized we didn't want to wait. So on Sunday we drove to the kitten place where there were six little darlings waiting for a home. It was hard to choose but here are the two we came home with. For all you cat-lovers, please meet:

Bridget
Amanda
So now our living room has become a kitty playground. It's a good time of year to get this kind of entertainment when so much on TV is reruns and asinine dreck.
'I guess I'm supposed to bat this thing around. Hm-m, kinda fun.'
These guys have all the latest toys. How long before they get bored with them, I wonder?
Aw-w, look, they're chewing my good Italian sandals. Isn't that sweet!
Thank you George!
Now I'm happy again with our new babies.
...very happy...
...and they're very happy too.

7 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I am in love! Beautiful pair of calicos and such cute names. From the smile on your face it was the best decision.

Lynne said...

I can't wait to meet them....! They are definitely the cat's meow. Great shots ! So happy for you. That George...he's a good'un.

Ronna said...

I can't wait to see these little ones. And as you know I am a BIG fan of calicos. They are the BEST!!

frannie said...

You can all be sure there will be more pictures. Kittens are almost worse than grandkids for showing off.

Knatolee said...

My heart is melting!!! They are beyond adorable and I love their names. Ooooh, I do love kittens. I hope they take away a little bit of your heartbreak.

Victoria May said...

It's so interesting that we both paid tribute in such a similar fashion,& then we each brought home two kittens. I'm so sorry about Louie. I miss my Pooders, but new kitties do have a healing effect, don't they? Your 2 are so adorable!

佳怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.