Frannie's Blog

My photo
Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada
I look for beauty and truth in everything. It's not always there of course but I try to find it or make it happen. I love people who make me laugh.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Art Journals Come Home














After fourteen months of inspired effort, those of us who were able got together for the finale of our latest art journals, a few of which are pictured here.














Barb and Flip enjoy browsing the pages, as did the rest of us, eating, sipping and laughing.


















"Let them eat cake", says Ronna, who treated us to one of her masterpieces. And so we did. Delicious!














This is the cover for my art journal which has visited 13 other homes over the past year and a bit, mainly here in Eastern Ontario but venturing as far as Oregon , Nova Scotia and New York state. The theme for my journal is GLASS.


















Glass marbles in a Mason jar, painted 14 months ago to start off my theme, are now back home, just in time for marble season. Other peoples' contributions included a pencil study of a glass sculpture, collages of glass building facades, a bowl of flowers with focus on the stems in water, glasses as fashion items and coloured glass shards in the shape of flowers. All treasures!



















Glassblowers pontils or blobs make perfect subjects for glass studies; here nestled in tissue paper. These were not in my journal but I stuck them in anyway as they fit the theme.















This watercolour and India ink on Arches 300 lb. paper is part of a larger work which I call 'Moses Leading the Israelites'.

2 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Just beautiful! You capture the look of glass perfectly which is not easy.
Love the idea of these books traveling.

佳怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.