Frannie's Blog

My photo
Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada
I look for beauty and truth in everything. It's not always there of course but I try to find it or make it happen. I love people who make me laugh.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter Scenes














Now that Winter has hit us once more we might as well relax and enjoy it. The first snowfall is always pretty and brings me back to childhood excitement and anticipation. Once December is over though most of us are counting the days till Spring.

There is something sensually sculptural about fresh snow and the shadows cast on the new formations of the landscape. It's lovely to paint it from the warmth of my studio. I know there are keeners who doggedly paint outdoors in below-freezing temperatures but I'm not one of them.

The last two images of this post were done from our back window a few years ago, one in January, one in February. I'd planned to complete the series to end up with the 12 months recorded over the changing seasons but , as often happens, I got sidetracked. Maybe 2009 will see a final result.

2 comments:

Ronna said...

I think I like your snow paintings better than the real thing!

frannie said...

Me too.